Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the hot rod world, and am working through my first. One issue I have is that I need to rebuild or replace the brake master cylinder. Front disc, rear drum, no boost currently on the car. I have been searching and searching for the company whose name appears on the MC, Bendix. Not hardly an unknown company. That said, what I have as a part number doesn't cross reference to any existing P/N, and no catalog I have found contains the number. The P/N is E2232341. That is the only number on the part.....

Does anyone know who now builds or owns Bendix Master Cylinders? Bendix-brakes.com denied having anything to do with MC's, and the folks at bendix.com, while most helpful, have nothing to do with automotive master cylinders.

I can post pics if that will help..

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm new to the hot rod world, and am working through my first. One issue I have is that I need to rebuild or replace the brake master cylinder. Front disc, rear drum, no boost currently on the car. I have been searching and searching for the company whose name appears on the MC, Bendix. Not hardly an unknown company. That said, what I have as a part number doesn't cross reference to any existing P/N, and no catalog I have found contains the number. The P/N is E2232341. That is the only number on the part.....

Does anyone know who now builds or owns Bendix Master Cylinders? Bendix-brakes.com denied having anything to do with MC's, and the folks at bendix.com, while most helpful, have nothing to do with automotive master cylinders.

I can post pics if that will help..

Thanks,

John
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Attachments

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
looks like Ford or mopar.
What type of cap attachment does it have?
Bolt on with centre bolt or wire?

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,271 Posts
That's not a pn but jut a casting number so it's unlikely to be helpful.
I'd jot down the specs, bore size, fitting size, mount spacing, etc.....Everything you can and call up Wilwood, Tiiton, etc and go that way because I'm afraid your gonna spend hours and days looking for something that may not even exist anymore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's not a pn but jut a casting number so it's unlikely to be helpful.
I'd jot down the specs, bore size, fitting size, mount spacing, etc.....Everything you can and call up Wilwood, Tiiton, etc and go that way because I'm afraid your gonna spend hours and days looking for something that may not even exist anymore.
Thanks!! No wonder I couldn't cross-reference it to anything!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you can take it off and take a couple off pics along with the measurement there's fair chance someone someone will recognize what it is off

·
Registered
130 Posts
Typically early Ford builders used either Corvette or mid 70's or so Ford master cylinders. Look at pics on Rockauto. Speedway sells one kind and Summit sells the other with outlets on both sides.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts