Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, thanks for allowing me to join. I am 67 and decided to build a new, weird toy to drive a little and race some. I have a 87 Suzuki Samurai that I want to build sorta like a gas coupe,,,or something. I will be asking a lot of questions and reading a lot. Here is a rendition of what I want to accomplish.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,982 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Looks like a fun build and as Poncho mentioned, something different is good. Bear in mind, resale value is low, however, if you're like me, you build for enjoyment, not investment, then you're golden.

·
More for Less Racer
20,932 Posts
I dig it, cool and different idea.

Channel the body down over the frame, set it low so much that the rear wheel arch is cut nearly up to the door handle height to really soak in that Comp Coupe vibe, while it gets the roof height down to a better fit proportionally with the engine/induction height would be my only suggestion to that offhand rendering.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another new member here, and working on picking up parts for a similiar, but different project....1990 Geo Tracker body,was converted into a mini-truck; 2004 Ranger frame, 225 slant 6 with some goodies, and an A833 4 speed. Slant 6 has headers, different cam, aftermarked ignition, aftermarket balancer,decked head and block, and a Weber 38-38 carb. Just picked up a set of Jag coilovers to suspemd the rear axle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another new member here, and working on picking up parts for a similiar, but different project....1990 Geo Tracker body,was converted into a mini-truck; 2004 Ranger frame, 225 slant 6 with some goodies, and an A833 4 speed. Slant 6 has headers, different cam, aftermarked ignition, aftermarket balancer,decked head and block, and a Weber 38-38 carb. Just picked up a set of Jag coilovers to suspemd the rear axle.
Sounds nice. Love Slant Sixes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.