Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just saying hi, subject says it all. it is a '69 land cruiser FJ55 wagon, with a cummins 4 cyl, nv5600 6 speed, dana 300 jeep tcase, on a shortened 1994 FZJ80 Land Cruiser frame (6" wheel base taken out to match body of older FJ55 style) that is coil sprung and has factory lockers. Goal is a good safe modernized daily driver that will be used for some off roading but mostly southwest exploring :) I am in a small dillema with trying to figure out what to do with my frame. I am considering galzanizing to get good rust proofing on the inside.. I'm planning on posting probably in the basics section, thanks guys :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome Dieselcruiserhead,

You're in the right crowd. Been here a little over the month & am building '64 FJ40 & custom trucks, among others. Good info & great people here. If you're not already there, you should also check out pirate4x4.com. It's a pretty hardcore offroad crowd but lots of good tech. These 2 are the forums I frequent most. Cheers.

Derm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys took me a little while to get back here.. Thanks for the messages.. I've been on pirate for years, am also on the big land cruiser site now, ih8mud.com. 13K+ land cruiser enthusiasts! Here is a link to my current build up if anyone is interested..

'69 FJ55, on a '94 Land Cruiser chassis/axles with stock lockers, full float rear w/ disk brakes. Cummins 4BT 4 cyl 3.9L diesel, NV5600 6 speed from a Dodge, Dana 300 built with HD components... I had to shorten the chassis 6" which was fun. It has been a neat, huge project...

Be forwarned, thread 22 pages long :D
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=92355

1 - 5 of 5 Posts