Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for a few opinions. On my 50 chevy, the inside of the door or i guess I should say "the guts" are all rusted up and stuck.Should I try to repair and try to find new parts to go back original and manual or would it be better to just order a power window and door lock kit. I also should say Im planning on shaving door handles, but I will take all the precautions of getting locked out or in.what do you reccommend??

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
If you are using the original window, you are going to have to use some of the hardware. You are also going to have to strip it all out of there anyways, so why not clean it up and go from there.

You never know, you may get it working.............just my opinion.

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,141 Posts
i think that you can clean everything up good enough to work except for the window regulators, but they are available as well. you might also want to figure out if you want to remove the wing window. i dont know for sure if these windows are available for a 50, but i know they are for the tri fives. i think i would go with power windows since you have to tear it all out anyway. the only reason i didn't in my truck was because it's 4x4 and i don't need all that stuff rattling loose all the time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.