Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 S-10 and I have shaved just about everything on it :D I would like to paint it here in the next month or so and I talked to a guy at a automotive paint shop here and he told me if I did'nt want to spend alot of money that Omni is a brand of PPG and the only difference is the PPG will last you 7 years and the Omni will last you 4, is this true? I would like to paint my truck either a black metallic or dark blue metallic with white metallic tribal flames, does Omni have these colors?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The omni line is a affordable PPG paint line. Omni, if taken care of and not abused can last just as long. Make sure to specify you want to use Omni BC/CC when you go buy your paint. Yes, Omni can be mixed in any color you want. Make sure to use the full omni line including additives and reducers and clear coat.

HK

·
Registered
56 Posts
I dont know about where you live, but around here, Omni is about 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the same PPG product. I have sprayed mass quantities of both, and I cannot see ANY difference in the Omni product. I have heard rumors in my area of the Omni just being re-labeled PPG, but I find that hard to believe. However, it DOES look and work just as well as the regular PPG paints. The colors are as vibrant, the clear smells the same, looks the same, hardens the same....it seems to be nearly the same as PPG.

The 'hopper

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was told by my PPG dealer that the Omni line is what car dealers use mostly because it is cheap.So I used it to repaint my truck and it worked great so now I am doing the Mustang with Omni also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts