Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just bought Daytona Blue in the PPG omni line of paints. I asked about the paint as I heard it wasn't good stuff, he assured me that it IS GOOD stuff ,but,,if a fender or repair is attempted with the omni line, you will have quite a time trying to match it with the original paint.
If your painting a whole car then you should be OK. You'll notice the color diferance if you have an original painted (same color as the omni )car you will see a diff. in the shade of color.

He showed me the mixing recipe for the Omni line and the deltron line , what a difference! the omni used 4 less tints than the good deltron line did.

I test sprayed a fender with the omni , it came out nice! And is the blue im looking for , so I'M HAPPY.

Bob

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just finished painting a tailgate and spoted the rt fender and edge of the hood on a 2002 f-350 in omni plus. Was surprised with color match on dark green truck.Also have some shots of my home built paint booth. 14x29 with 12 8ft lights. Two rows of intake filters in ceiling and 14' x 3' exhaust filters. A 24" old binks fan with 2hp motor and built a chamber for it.Seems to work pretty good for first time out very Little dirt and over spray cleaned out well.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.