Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made there side windows one peice.What I mean is to get rid of the vent window and make the window one complete unit.If someone has, how did you go about this.My car is a 1951 Chev 4dr so I would like to do all 4 doors. :cool:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Some companies offer a kit to do this. Off hand I can't name one that I remember, but give me a few and I'm sure I recall one or find you one.

Alright I checked and I dug through all my stuff, but for the death of me I can't find one, I very well could have been thinking about volkswagen beetle one peice windows, but I could have sworn I've seen a kit for older chevy's. At any rate its a pretty simple modification. I will exsplain it in full later today when I'm all here.

HK

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: Halloweenking ]</p>

·
Registered
41 Posts
This may be simple on a 51 Chevy but on a 37 Chevy Coupe its not worth the trouble and the bondo sanding

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The hardest thing to do is modify the window openings in the doors to fit the glass channel like at the rear. Since the vent and big rubber mouldings are gone, the gap in the door is much wider and should be closed up. You don't even have to change the metal glass channel, just have a longer window cut from your pattern after solving the channel and guide problems. These aren't serious but they are tedious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts