Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
True Hotrodder
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use any AN fittings that have a one-way or one direction flow valve? I am wondering how restrictive they might be? I am looking at setting up an off-board transmission cooling setup and a couple of one-way valves would be needed for it to flow correctly.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Check out JIC fittings at discount hydraulics online. Same thing as AN fittings except made from steel for use with construction/industrial hydraulic use. They have some nice charts that show a lot of components and they will help you if you call.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
So you have 2 lines.
One going to the cooler
and one coming from the cooler.

If you put a check valve in the one going to the cooler whats going to keep it from going down the other line?

The fix here is not a check valve.
It is to put your ports low then run your lines above the ports a few inches(up the sides of the coolier shroud) before going back down to the transmission.
This will keep a majority of the fluid in the cooler and lessen drainback.

·
True Hotrodder
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh, Cerial - thanks but that's not what I am looking at here. I'm setting up an off-board cooler for my racecar, one connection will go internally to the valve body to pull fluid so that it comes directly through the convertor and the second connection will return the cooled fluid to the sump via the on-board cooler. Without the check valves in place and making the connections through a quick connect fitting, the fluid would run into itself. This is for in-between rounds cooling and I have to set it up so that it's a click-click connection because I'm looking at enough time to figure out the next round's dial-in and putting some fuel in it before returning to the staging lanes.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Again, industrial hose connections should make easy work of a set up like that. I don't recommend "names" like Parker and some others because all of their parts and hoses are apparently made from solid gold. Good products to be sure, but not something for the faint of heart. $$$ The JIC that I mentioned are industrial grade hydraulic hoses and fittings. JIC is not a "brand name" but a type of fitting made by many manufacturers. I found that on line prices are so much better. Had to get a hose made locally and went to a shop to get one made. Memory says it was about $125. Next time I ordered one from on line and it was about $40. Discount Hydraulic Hose | Your Online Hydraulic Shop The JIC is made the same way AN fittings are, its just that they aren't certified for space ships.....but certified or not, nothing puts hydraulic fittings thru more abuse than industrial excavating equipment. Be sure to put an inline filter in your set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.