Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you know, im working on on a 1969 pickem up truck. right now im on the intior part of the project. but im wondering if i should go with original saddle color, and desighn, or buy new cloth. the outside of the truck is going to be metallic green, and white from the cab top-on up. i was thinkin about painting the dash the same green, them getting white touch-ups like, a white seat cover, white sun visors, white dash, you know what im talking about, tell me what you guys and girls think, should i go custom, or original.

·
Registered
98 Posts
GO CUSTOM! There is nothing better than having a one of a kind car. Everything sounds great. The dash top you could paint green along with the door panels and then you could paint the dash white and have the seat covers white. Or even white AND green. Sounds awesome keep us posted.
Good Luck
Firescheie :D :eek:

·
Acoustic Rock ... for real.
1,983 Posts
Custom! It's way more fun ... and less limiting!

Alan Horvath
<a href="http://AlanHorvath.com/" target="_blank">http://AlanHorvath.com/</a>

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tru dat. Definitely less limiting. All the kids where i live say they want to keep theirs stock and original, which usually means dont have job/money. But you can do custom and original with all levels of budget. a nice origianl is cool, but wouldnt you rather look at something different?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Custom is more fun to design and build and you only limits are budget and ideals.
Custom make it a one of a kind because you came up with the concept of it. You can make it as wild or as tame as you see fit.So think out side the box .
On my old 67 short bed I built custom door panels,custom dash, Move the fuel tank and built a custom storage/speaker copartment and put in bucket seats from a 62 t-bird.Painted it blood red pearl with a marblelizer.It was a 4x4 and ran 44" monster mudders and the 327 had all the power it needed.
I will try and see if I still have some pictures of it.It ended it's life when a semi truck lost control(driver fell asleep at the wheel) and totaled it be on all repair while it sat in a parking lot where I use to work.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks you guys, in gonna go white with green bowties sewd on. I am also going to take the gas tank out of the back of the seat, and buy a jegs racing fuel cell to put in the back of the bed. I hate the gas tank being in the back of the seat, kind of freaks me out if you know what i mean.
peace.

[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: chevyman17 ]</p>

·
1,983 Posts
My truck had the tank moved to the back, and they did a real nice job of putting the door for the fill-spout in the rear fender. The thought of gas slopping around (in your ears) and stinking up the cab ... I'm REAL glad they did that before I bought it. Also, it's a 30-freaking-gallon tank!
:D

Yeah! Move the tank!

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.