Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... some of you may know i found a disc brake "conversion" done on my '54 ford Tudor. the stock hubs were still in place on the spindles, and had ford rotors of unknown vintage with rounded out lug holes tossed on over the those.

my question is, does anyone know if its possible to take the stock hubs/bearings off the spindles, and install roller bearings and some kind of rotors like the ones available for most any other car out there i have seen in those fancy high buck kits?

the reason i ask is the brackets and calipers are viable, and i'd like to use those before going radical with new parts for slowing the car.

TIA,
T

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I bought as kit for my 53 Chevy...still used the stock spindles but had brngs and brackets that fastened up to the stock setup....works great! The stock brngs should have come off with the old drum...sounds like you may already have the new setup in place. The kits arn't really that expensive if you compare the prices to the prices of replacing the parts new from the parts store.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can say one thing for certain, and that is anyone selling what was on the car as a complete conversion should be shot, then flogged and keelhauled! :boxing:

hehe.

i wish it were but the drums on the front are the type that slip over the hub, and the hub itself houses the bearings and lugs.

i have attached a scan of the hub and brake assembly from the shop manual/parts list to illustrate better what i seem to be having a hard time explaining.
also, i'll put a copy of it in my journal.

Thanks again
T.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts