Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hellbilly Hotrods
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to mount and overhead console in my daily driver. only problem is, I've got nothing to mount it to in that particular spot. I've heard of guys using like an MDF or pine block above the headliner to mount to. am i right on this? cutting and welding is not a viable option on the daily (late model Dakota), so this is my hope. what do i use? how do i attach it? anything better, short of cutting and welding?

thanks
Michael

·
Hellbilly Hotrods
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MDF, Pine, oak, what do i use?

as far as the adhesive, any availible at lowes? i have a very hard time getting to the body shop supply house during their hours.

Michael

·
Hellbilly Hotrods
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any suggestions on the above questions?
im probably going to yank the headliner this weekend to have it recovered and mount the console.
Michael

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
I would be really leery of any adhesive I got from a home improvement store except for Gorilla glue, that stuff is tenacious. Mist on a little water to your wooden blocks before applying the glue. The water helps the glue to really kick and foam.

Vince

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.