Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 chevy suburban, wrecked it about a year ago, I put it back togather. I put it on the alignment rack, the A/S/I says the lower control arm is bent, but to replace it, you have to take the tension off the torsion bar!!! I was wondering if any one has so knowledge on this, and how to I get the ride height back even with other side after the job is done.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Note the ride height before you start. Remove the front shocks and let the suspension droop. Loosen the height adjustment bolts on the levers at the end of the springs opposite the control arm (under the crossmember at the rear of the transmission). Remove the crossmember and the torsion bar keys from the ends of the springs, and then the springs will slide out of the a-arms.

Use the bolts on the crossmember to the torsion keys to reset your ride height when you are done.

Andy

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
chevythmpr said:
you might want to put a C clamp on the key before you remove the adjustment bolt. As the torsion bars are under pressure, and like he said just count how many turns it takes to remove the bolt.

If you let the front wheels hang, there's not to much pressure on them.. ;)

I just changed my a-arm's on my 2000 Yukon,And never had to touch the adjustment bolt, until I went back together.. Just to keep it in the little notch the bolt fit in.. ;)

Not too sure how much different the 92's are... :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.