Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 Nova and I installed a painless kit in it over the summer. Everything is wired correctly and all the grounds are good. My problem is my turn signals do not work. I step on the brake pedal and the tail lights and my parking lights light up, and when I put the right turn signal on the 4-way flashers turn on. Ive put new fuses in, new flashers, new bulbs, etc. Its driving me crazy!:smash: please help.

·
Registered
792 Posts
When you hit the brake pedal and the tail lights come on that tells me that the brake/tail lights are wired backwards and the parking lights coming on is because it's bleeding back through the brake/tail lights. The turn signal problem is probably a combination of the brake/tail light problem and a wiring problem in the steering column.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
The issue I had with the Painless and my signal lights ....... the front marker lights were not grounded correctly, the kit made no mention of a ground etc....... I ended up connecting, I think it was the white wire from the front marker lights to ground and it solved all my issues (which were very similar to what you are describing)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts