Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering treating myself and getting one of those mixing/dispenser lids for 1 gallon paint cans. It needs to be compatible with epoxy primer. I see a few brands out there. But I don't have a clue about which ones work and which ones are going to drop the can the first time I use it. Recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Which ones are you looking at? I have only ever seen them in the paint shop, on full mixing systems.
And they are very sturdy, probably never dropped a can yet unless it was human error.

Now I want one too. We could spin them with a drill? Primer is the worst to stir!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one that comes up the most is the Rockler Mixing Mate. Another one is from Fillon which looks identical to the Rockler. Yet another is from LidStir, but it looks rather primitive. There are some others, but they look like they are all from the same manufacturer and just rebranded. Some of the units appear to be intended for use inside automated mixing systems and lack manual handles on the top for stirring.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea how long you can store your paint with one of these lids. It doesn't matter too much in my case since I don't intend to have it sitting around for months.

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,682 Posts
we have the 100 can rack at the shop, it's programed to run 10 minutes a day to keep $20k+ in paint from going to pot. most of the cans have zero use on them since we got the system 5 years ago, not sure if they go bad. i guess if you use enough primer it'd work for what you need. you'd need to spin the mixer manually for a couple minutes a day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts