Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in the procces of painting my Car hauler. Problem is I primed it with Napa Econo-Body Acrylic primer surfacer mixed 50 50 with laquer thinner. Waited a week and wet sanded it and then painted it with rustoleum gloss black. It looked at first likeat the paint was seperating from the primer in spots, but after lightly sanding a affected area it looks like the primer was absorbing the paint like a sponge and it may need to just be re coated. Any ideas ??? Does surfacer tend to act this way? seeing its a trailer i did not put a whole lot of attention to detail into wet sanding the primer and it may still have beed thick in areas.

What should i do know???????????

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Just the restoleum attacking the primer, after the paint dries
the paint will act as a sealer and you can sand paint (without breaking through) and re-coat and this will not happen again.

Also adding to this problem could have been water in airline or water in cheap grade of lacquer thinner.
Also, some lacquer thinners are made only to clean paint guns and not to be mixed with paint.
Wet sanding may also not have helped out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx

Hey thanks a lot, I was hoping it would be something simple like that and not have to strip it all again.

Thanx again

Dennis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts