Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, need some advise.

I am painting my race car and while i was mixing the primer (martin senior 15206 2k primer) i grabed the wrong hardener (ch254) instead of 15406 hardener.
My question is, will it dry or should i take it off and start over. I was going to take it off but thought i would ask first.
I will be painting the car with base/clear.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deadbodyman said:
Thats playin it safe,I would have waited,It is a race car,might have learnd something ...How it sands and how long it lasts...first ,i'd look at the ingrediants in both...heck, at worse you'll have to sand it off anyway...

If i wasnt trying to get it ready for a race in a few weeks i would have waited or at the very least put some heatlamps to it. I also dont want to have to do it over again as i have two more projects im working on. My son and i are redoing my old daily driver 87 mustang for him to drive and i am building a cobra kit car.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
You did the right thing ....what kind of racing do ya do? we leave our drag car in primer they stay away from the wall better...BTW,13 yrs ago I lived in ocala,Fla ....first time I ever saw a figure 8 race, coolest thing I ever saw.Orlando or New Smerna I think it was.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drag race. Car runs 11.10 right now but will be building a bigger high compression motor next year for it to put me in the high nines (hopefully), I plan on running superstreet in the NHRA division races along with the bracket racing im doing now.

The circle track has an event twice a year called Crash A Rama, they do figure 8 school bus races, travel trailer races, blind fold races and stuff like that, its kinda fun to watch.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Gainsville track? those busses ARE fun to watch but what a blast to race they must be...If that dont cure the fear of crashing nothing will.I lived a couple miles down the road from Don Gartlits hwy 484,ever been to the museum of drag racing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in Orlando, I have been to g-ville tracck racing in the division race in my friends roadster, haven't raced my car there. I mainly race at Orlando, Lakeland and Bradenton. This year I will be racing west palm beach for there snow bird race.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Fla wasnt ALL bad,theres many things I miss...But those snowbirds drove me crazy with their driving, they were gonna get me killed...I gotta blame that on county greed though, my 90yr old grandfather still had a licence and he could barely see ...WE had to MAKE him stop driving he almost got creamed every time he pulled out of the driveway plus he loved to nod off and take a little nap at the wheel ...but they kept renewing that licence and getting the car registration money and ticket surcharges no matter how much we complained ...What a bunch of crooks in Marion county They got there own little Mafia running things there...Do yourself a favor if you go to the museum get right back on 75 and dont turn right towards Bellview and Ocala. That Orlando track is nice My uncle rented those folding seats there as you walk in...I used to help till the races started (circle track)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.