Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the chrome baslted and then pianted them? Just have some spots that have started to rust and thought I would do something different.
Any thoughts on a different prep method? I was thinking someone might have a good chemical perp that would work well. Thought about painting them body color. What do you guys think? Nice cheep wheels, or scrap yard material :D ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Two months ago, I had my old rims blasted and powdercoated to match the grill. Looks very cool and now they will last forever. I went to a shop, so I counldn't tell you what kind of prep they used. It cost $175.00 for five rims. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
That sounds pretty cool and cheap? howd they turn out and what do they look like? eazy to clean and do yuo have any pics? my crags are rustin in certain areas to.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Chevelle, if you just want to paint them Por-15 sells a chemical called metal prep that will etch the chrome serface for proper paint adhesion and it will also stop the rust and give it a zinc coating. If you want to powder coat them you will probably get charged $20-25 per wheel and they can match your cars exterior or you can choose any other color or color and texture you want. Just a regular powder coating will be easy to clean and it will be glossy unless you state otherwise. They also have textures like I stated above to choose from.

Faust

1 - 5 of 5 Posts