Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 84 Cutlass and I want to paint the dash same color as I'm goin to paint the car. Its painted white now with Dupli-color vinyl paint. Im now assumin from readin more that this isnt goin to last very long.

So I want to glass the dash. Keepin the original form though. I was told not to fiberglass it..........but to sand it down, apply body filler, sand, prime then paint. If this is true, do I do the same for the interior panels? What the best way to do this keepin everything the original form?

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
Are you talking about the door panels and kick panels? There are lots of paints especially designed to be used on vinyl and plastic. If they're vinyl, use SEM products to re-color them. They have aerosols that might come close to the right color, or you can have it custom matched. If you send these folks CLICK HERE a sample, they will make up enough to do what you want to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.