Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I,m finally gonna put the 671 on my 47 International. Years back i used Plasticoat. Any ideas which paint to use on the 2-660's :confused: Thanks, Marty

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Just my opinion, but I think that painted carbs look like crap after a short time. I think you can buy that original finish coating for the holleys.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
While I agree with Poncho about looking like crap - if you are positive about doing this, find an epoxy like Krylon. It will at least have a chance against the nasties in gasoline.

Bead blasting is dangerous to carb - you get some media in some little port or change its' size by being too aggressive, you then have junk.

Holley offers a restoration/rebuild service - but not cheap. It also includes powder coating and chroming

http://www.holley.com/CustomSpeedShop/Rebuild.asp

Dave

·
Hammer and a torch
1,254 Posts
If you want color why not powder coat them...?

Good hobby system here

Nice thing about it you can use it for all kinds of things... Do some for your buddies and so it pays for itself...

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Check with the Eastwood Co. they have a coating that will make them look like they did when they were new. They also have some faux anodizing kits in different colorsand you can make them look anodized .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Repainting my Holleys

Thanks to all you guys.....gives me some options! I got the Holleys for $300. each Canadian off a friend. He got a quote of $300. each to make them look new again and i said.........FORGET THAT!!!!!!!!! Being on Disability...wife has MS, gotta watch the bucks and do as much as i can myself! Marty

·
Build it right the first time
227 Posts
pul them apart get them anodized, i had an 850 edelbrock blue anodized once it looked amazing and it still worked beautifully

1 - 9 of 9 Posts