Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put exhuast on my 79' ford pick-up. It has a 460 with headers and a duel line holley on top of it. I took it off the drag strip and am in the process of getting it street legal. The truck is fast, but I want it to look fast. The paint color now isn't bad, i really like it. its just peeling and has a few rust spots. Ok, here's the problem I don't know the name of the color. When i buy the paint i want it right. Its extremely close to the blue inside the oval ford signs. I was wondering if anyone knew the name of that color or is it just a regular ol' color. Any help would be appreciated. Any other opinions of what color i should paint is also helpful.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
That doesn't help much. There are a gazillian different color formulas, from various car manufacturers, to colors that were used on fleet vehicles or any other number of things, and many different paint formuals may be very similar. Any idea on what vehicle the color came from and about what year. Without paint code or manufacture and year, then your guess is probably as good as anyone elses what color you are thinking of. I am sure some people could give you suggestions of medium to dark blues they've seen that they like and a color name or paint code, but no idea exactly what color you are thinking of on the information you gave.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.