Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Technician
701 Posts
Sure, why not. Take off all the parts yourself, and be aware that at Maaco, you will get what you pay for. Their labor cost per vehicle is pretty well controlled, so the big difference is the quality of the paint. Their "Signature" line is pretty decent stuff, be prepared to pay at least $1000. Anything less will just be a hassle when you have to strip it all off after it fades away.

3,214 Posts
MAACO shops are independantly owned. Because of that, obviously the quality of the work will vary considerably. With their pricing, ther is also a large spectrum of quality. It all depends on the shops in your area, and what you are looking for. As was pointed out by Crash, I would remove all trim that I could before going there. That could reduce your costs, and make for a better job. Also make clear with the shop EXACTLY what you expect. Don't tell them you just want it painted, then get upset when they paint over the dings in the doors.

Aaron

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i could wait till spring and have my dad paint it cause he knows how to but i just dont want to wait all that much longer cause i got my licence and dont have anything to drive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it is temporary i would not do it. Why spend the money if it is gona be sanded off in a year. i would save my pennies and get a nice paint job when you are ready to get the work done. Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

well idk i could wait till spring break and have a really nice one done on it and not have to do it again in a year?? is that my best bet???

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well if you go to maaco and pay 600.... thats 600 your throughing out the door. i would wait and get a real nice paint job. it will not come cheep though. my boss wont touch a car or truck (full paint job) for under 3g but there are alot of shops that in the summer time they will get slow and you can get a good deal. another thing you can do is find a vo-tech school and have them do it. that is alot less expencive then takin your truck to a rod shop or main stream body shop.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

well i dont want to waste any money cause i dont have any money to waste im 16 doing my first project but i have done all the body work and bondo and metal work and all that and i am just like anxious to get it up and driving but ill wait so i can have a job thats supposed to be done right

·
Registered
192 Posts
use the $600 on exhaust or body panels that will need to be replaced or some rims or something else....if u can get your car painted good by your dad (free probably?) then just wait the month or two or whatever...go spray it with frigging spray paint if its really that bad lol...don't throw the money away though.....use it on something else besides paint for the truck...or just buy a POS car for like a few hundred and drive that until spring lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

lol ill drive my moms chevy around when shes not using it but yea its going to be free so i guess ill wait a few months );

1 - 11 of 11 Posts