Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Panel fabrication, Body Building, Top chopping

All that and more including seminars on metalshaping 101, tig / mig welding, leading, project management are going on right now at MetalMeet 06.

There is more than 500 years experience being shared at the meet.

Here are some photo post's http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6160

Here is a web cam into one of the buildings
http://www.theonlyoblong.com/webfiles/index.html

It can accomodate 20 viewers at a time.

A great time and some cool happenings.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,300 Posts
That is some awsome stuff, MetalMeet is one amazing event. I hope to attend someday until then I'll just look at the pictures. :)

Brian

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope you can make it MartinSR.

Happening tonight.

Randy was building a buck for the back of a '40 Willys truck cab as well as some '40 Willys fenders.

One group was chopping the top on a '51 Chevy under the direction of Dutch Comstock - a 30+ year professional.

Another group was around Jerry (another with years of experience) marking out a top chop for a 26 Model A.

Others were working the aluminum on the McBearen, a hand fabricated aluminum sports car.

Fenders were being made for a '33 Chevy Eagle. An aluminum top was being made for a '39 Ford convert. Body was being fabricated for a cycle cart. Pancaking the hood for a '48 Chevy AD truck. Countless other projects.

Sharing information, sharpening skills, making friends.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
This is the most amazing group of guys you will ever meet majority of the guys are pounding metal at 2:00 in morning getting a 3-4 hour nap and back at it.

The Maclarren (not sure spelling) body being build to speck from a die-cast model How could anyone have that much talent?

Best thing of all is you see a new guy trying to make a bowl and there are plenty of journey men by him or her trying to give advice and help out.

A lot of people here from the different forums and I'm sure some of the names I did not put together because of the screen name on line but Eric had the right Idea as he had "Sevt Chevelle" under his name on his name tag.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And tonight Eric was helping a couple of new arrivals, carrying on the MetalMeet tradition of sharing information, sharpening skills.

Barry, we really appreciate your support and attendance!

Thank you,

Doug Hawkins

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Barry-
You are 100% on the money. Best group of guys going.

I had the opportunity to work with Dutch last November on chopping my 39 chevy. I spent a week there, and I learned 3x more than I thought I would.

In all actuality, I did most of the chop under his direction. He tig welded in the C pillar, and you would not believe how close it is. MAYBE 1 tablespoon worth of filler needed to blend. If you never saw these guys metalfinish, you would not believe it. I've seen it 4-5 times, and I still don't. That shrinking wheel is incredible in skilled hands.

Jeff Parker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts