1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!:sweat: Have a 1993 F150 XLT with a/c. Heater doesn't seem to work
anymore. Have found an ENTIRE unit from a 1995 Bronco. Will this swap
straight out? Appreciate any advice. ;)

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Actually I use car-part.com for that sort of info as that will show if there is an interchange for your particular part..

Sam

·
Old(s) Fart
5,623 Posts
Advice? Yeah, unless you have waaaay too much money, why not figure out what's wrong with the heater you have before throwing dollar bills at the problem. What exactly "doesn't work"? The heater system on this truck isn't exactly complex, and the fix is likely MUCH less expensive and MUCH less work than swapping the whole assembly.

If you DO have too much money, I'll provide my mailing address to help with that problem.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Relay ?

Ford Rangers from those years have problems with the blower controll relay and wiring connection. probably the same on your truck. Swapping parts when there is a history of durability -usefull life is not a good idea

·
Lovin' The Cruzin'
223 Posts
Need more info--does the blower still blow air? Do all the functions work except no hot air? I had a '95 Dodge Dakota with a small relay on the firewall under the hood that had a small coil inside the relay cover. The coil burned through and broke the circuit. Not sure if Fords are like that? :confused:

·
More bucks, go faster!
1,070 Posts
Not being a smart guy here but have you checked to see if the radiator is full? Gotta have fluid flowing to make the heater work.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts