Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a s10 with the cab where the bed was. The engine and transmission sit where the cab was previously. Nice and low behind the old engine crossmember.

I am running a 01 5.3 to a 4 speed to a 9". Simple setup nothing special. But room to grow if I want to.

The pcm is going to sit on top of the bellhousing in front of the shifter stick behind the motor. This will keep the harness mostly factory length and up high.

I am going to have a hood. But want louvered sides and the hood to hinge on the side and tilt up to a bar in the middle allowing easy access/hood removal.

It rains about 40% of the time here here so there is still a good chance the engine bay will get washed when driving in the rain.

I am looking for ideas/experiences with placing a pcm in some kind of watertight, heatshielded, vented box.

·
Old(s) Fart
6,016 Posts
If it's vented, it's not watertight. In any case, the GM underhood ECUs are pretty much weathertight against splash and even pressure washer spray. The MetriPack terminals are environmentally sealed. The cooling fins don't want a "tight" enclosure. Personally, I'd use a non-sealed splash shield with the stock connectors and call it good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.