Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for options for my PCV and brake booster connections. I’m running a 383 sbc, B&M 144 supercharger, and a (’66) Holley 3246 carb with modified (intake) power valve reference. The problem I have is the carb has only one large vacuum connection port. I know that is not a good idea to “t” the PVC and brake boost, and I can’t run the PVC directly to the intake due to the positive boost “reversing” the flow under pressure. Anyone have a suggestion to get plumbed correctly?

·
Glad To Be Here
2,240 Posts
You might add a thick spacer between the carb and the manifold with an additional connection in the spacer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Frisco. I posted this quite a while ago and didn't think I'd get a reply. I'd planned to modify and install a spacer anyway to install a water/methanol injection as soon as I figure out which one I want. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
There is an "adapter" made just for your application. I can not think of the name of it off hand. It is for blown cars that run power brakes. You still run it off of the manifold. I will do a little research, I ran accross it while I was building my engine a while back. I didn't run power brakes so I didn't need it.

Royce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.