Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it Ok to use the same input into the manifold as I am usingfor the power brake take off i.e. using a T piece or will I have to plumb each separately into the manifold? I am using a pcv installed directly into the crankcase hole next to the dizzy? I have early Corvette valve covers and prefer not to have to drill these.

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
I have never seen a OE application use the same fitting for the brake booster and another accessory needing vacuum. I think it is to reduce the chance of having a vacuum line failure and it affecting the brakes.
I am far from having seen everything out there, so there are likely exceptions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys for your quick response. IAs soon as i posted i saw the other threads and they gave me a good idea of the way forward. I need to sort out the PCV asap as there is oil blowing out by the dizzy and I want to be able to run the engine in without problems. I may put some other valve covers on the motor. Also found some excellent help with my hydraulic clutch issue. When i get back from work in november I will be sorting some things out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
dawg said:
I have teed the PCV and brake booster for years and never had an issue.
just make sure your booster check valve is working (mounted right on the booster where the hose connects to.)
I have the same issue with my BBC. My PCV was plumbing into the carb spacer plate, but I just added a nitrous spacer plate and remove my 1" spacer. Now there is only one port on the carb available for a 3/8 vacuum hose and the booster vacuum is connected there.

Based on what you are saying, it should be ok to tee the PCV and the booster lines together?

I do have a vacuum canister installed which reserves plenty of vacuum for the power brakes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.