Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you pa guys know anything about the new laws. I have talked to several local inspection stations,and they dont know any more than I do. the laws supposedly went into effect on jan. 1 2007 but no one locally knows anything. My family fleet consists of 5 reconstructed vehicles,and my main question is,these vehicles are all registered,currently inspected and on the road.do these vehicles have to be inspected by an enhanced station,or since they have already been approved by penndot can they be inspected anywhere. my inspection mechanic doesnt know if he can inspect them. I have a couple of months before they run out of inspection.

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
This Was Found In The Offered URL Above

ATTENTION: ALL OFFICIAL INSPECTION STATIONS
QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICERS AND PENNSYLVANIA STATE POLICE

BI06-3 SAFETY INSPECTION BULLETIN DECEMBER 2006
TOPICS IN THIS BULLETIN:

NEW RECONSTRUCTED VEHICLE PROCESS

As you may be aware, Act 228 of 2004 directed PennDOT to work with the “Specialized Vehicle Compliance Advisory Panel” to establish procedures and requirements for the inspection and titling of reconstructed, flood, specially constructed, recovered theft, collectible, modified vehicles and street rods.

This panel (which is prescribed by law) consists of legislative, department and industry representatives.

As a reminder, beginning January 1, 2007, only those safety inspection stations appointed and under contract with PennDOT as an Enhanced Vehicle Safety Inspection Station may inspect the vehicles listed above for compliance with all applicable equipment and inspection rules for the purpose of titling the vehicle in Pennsylvania.

On January 1, 2007, if your station is not designated as an Enhanced Vehicle Safety Inspection Station, you may not inspect vehicles for the purpose of completing the required application (MV-426B) for customers wishing to title their reconstructed, flood, specially constructed, recovered theft, collectible, modified vehicle or street rod. Should you get such a request and are not authorized to perform these enhanced inspections, please refer your customers to the “Driver and Vehicle Services” Web Site at www.dmv.state.pa.us for access to a county listing of Enhanced Vehicle Safety Inspection Stations.

Should you wish to begin the process of participating in this voluntary program, you can request a requirements package and contract by emailing us at [email protected] or by calling Dennis Himmer at 717-783-5841. Contracts will continue to be executed after the January 1, 2007 start of the Enhanced Vehicle Safety Inspection Program.

Kurt J. Myers, Director
Bureau of Motor Vehicles

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pennsylvania enhanced inspection

Thanks for the input. I actually did read the requirements,but must not have seen the part about inspection for registration. Since my vehicles are already registered and inspected I assume they can be inspected at any inspection station.

·
Registered
634 Posts
39 chev said:
Thanks for the input. I actually did read the requirements,but must not have seen the part about inspection for registration. Since my vehicles are already registered and inspected I assume they can be inspected at any inspection station.

your assumption is correct.... :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.