Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
305 Turbo-Fire 240hp
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have access to a performer rpm intake. My motor is a very mildly cammed 305 with stock 305 intake, hookers, and eddy 600. Will it be worth getting the rpm or should I hold out for the preformer and what change is there of the two on a 305

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
American Muscle said:
I have access to a performer rpm intake. My motor is a very mildly cammed 305 with stock 305 intake, hookers, and eddy 600. Will it be worth getting the rpm or should I hold out for the preformer and what change is there of the two on a 305
OK, think about it this way. The Performer is rated idle to 5500. The RPM is rated 1500 to 6500. The only thing you give up going to a RPM is a little power from idle to 1500. If you have a clue, you're going to use a little looser converter anyway, to get up on the cam, and you'll be revving past 1500 from a standstill anyway. An RPM or Weiand Stealth is the best choice for a street/strip motor. Either of them are basically a copy of the Chevy 302 Z-28 motor high-rise intake from 1969.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.