Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to pull the black walls and Caprice police issue dog dish caps off the white car so I could take my pictures to submit with my application for Classic Tags. When I put the pair of white walls and spokes on I was kind of taken back. The car looks cooler with the white walls and spoked caps than it does with my black walls and NOS dog dish caps. Which kinda sucks because those black walls are brand new.

These are two of the pictures I sent with my application for Classic Car Registration. It has to appear to be in good or restored original condition.

With white walls, spoked hubcaps, and a fairly quiet exhaust system I'll definitely have the element of surprise on my side at a light.

·
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich
266 Posts
You can get classic car registration on a 80's car?
Is classic plates different than "Year of Manufacture" plates?

I have Y.O.M plates on my car, and man you have to wrestle with the DMV to do it!!

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't think you can get YOM plates in PA.

In my state any vehicle 15 years or older is applicable for classic tags.

ChevelleSS_LS6 said:
hehehe, poor sucker in the next lane.;)
:thumbup: Pull up next to a 5.0 stang. Tell the guy "hey buddy your car doesn't sound like it running right" (Get him good and angry.) "Yea I'm telling you man it doesn't sound right. I bet my dad's old Caprice could walk you."

·
wind & fire = guides to power
1,529 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
:thumbup: Pull up next to a 5.0 stang. Tell the guy "hey buddy your car doesn't sound like it running right" (Get him good and angry.) "Yea I'm telling you man it doesn't sound right. I bet my dad's old Caprice could walk you for a bill!."

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crazygutgut said:
do classic tags come with a different plate? does a classic tag limit the amount of time it can be driven? does a classic tag increase your INS.? Can you put the old tires/caps on after you get the sticker?
Yes it does come with a different, and permanent tag. There is a 5,000 mile limit. Insurance drops immensely. I pay $270 a year for car insurance on my classic tagged green caprice, full coverage, and the car is insured for $5000. Classic tags also make you exempt from emissions.

I can put the old tires and caps on.

NXS said:
for a bill
now we're talkin.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
That does look real nice with the stock wheels man. Are classic tags are the same,except we can modify the car and still have classic tags.Only requirement is the mileage limitation on a 15+ year old car.What do the tags look like? My not driven 69 LTD in my photo album has the tags on it in the picture.They are pretty tacky,but then again KY has a kindergarten designed normal liscense plate anyway. So are you gonna leave the spokes on it?

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tags are white with dark purple numbers. It looks better than the regular gay yellow/blue/white PA tag.

Maybe the next set of tires will have white walls, for now I'll concentrate on burning the new black walls up. The white walls on it now were in our shed, they are old and worn, just on there for the pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.