Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a Perko hold down clamp part# 113DPOCHR for a tailgate latch on a 47-54 Chevy tail gate. You can see a picture of what I'm talking about at www.boatersplus.com My truck is a 54 and is all painted. I wold like to know where you mounted it so as the screws do not show. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Handfull54 said:
Has anyone used a Perko hold down clamp part# 113DPOCHR for a tailgate latch on a 47-54 Chevy tail gate. You can see a picture of what I'm talking about at www.boatersplus.com My truck is a 54 and is all painted. I wold like to know where you mounted it so as the screws do not show. Thanks.
I cannot find that latch , either at your link or in the Perko Catalog.
Is that the correct part number?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to that web site and just scroll down and you will see "Last item you looked at" right there is a small picture. Click on that and you will see the latch I'm talking about. I mostly want to know a good place to mount them without the screws going through the other side. That is the correct part number. Thank you for trying.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Handfull54 said:
Go to that web site and just scroll down and you will see "Last item you looked at" right there is a small picture. Click on that and you will see the latch I'm talking about. I mostly want to know a good place to mount them without the screws going through the other side. That is the correct part number. Thank you for trying.
The link you give goes to a home page. Your computer must send it info to show what you last looked at via a cookie(?). I enter your part number in their search and get nothing.

The closest thing I can find is 1113dp0chr http://www.boatersplus.com/perko-11...ium=ise&utm_content=61.96&utm_campaign=spring

If some one sees what you are trying to accomplish then it may help get an answer. Good luck!

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
Yeah that's probably it the number is the same but with one 1 left off the front.

I honestly can't see how that latch could be used on one of these trucks without some slicing and dicing on the gate and it would NOT look nice.

Does your gate have the hole in it still for the chain hook?

What "look" are you after?

Brian

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
There is simply no way to mount the "catch" end of it (the one on the left). You can't mount it flat like it would need to be. This is not the way to go, it is that simple.

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.