Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So, some of you may not find this odd at all, but I have no idea about steering setups...so.

Just last night, I pulled into a parking lot, and my steering became very tight, as if the power steering had stopped. Then it went back to normal. And again today. It has happened only a few times, only when I am slowing down. I checked my fluid, it looks fine.

It is not consistent. I stopped dead, put on my brakes, and it got tight again. Then the nextg time, it was fine.

What could be the issue? Thank you.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
What type of vehicle are we talking about ??

:D

·
Super Moderator
18,353 Posts
The power steering belt may be slipping. Try replacing it first.........Is it making any funny noises?........If thats not it, the pump may be bad.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A belt is sqealing more than ever. Come to think of it, it has only started to sqeal every once in a while latley, just as the steering thing.....

Thank you!

·
Philippines Cowboy
888 Posts
'57 Mopars had a bearing seizure which would cause this problem. The only way you could reverse the steering was to increase in the wrong direction and then return. Resulted in a frightening experience for my wife as she drove on a 2 lane road with heavy oncoming traffic!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts