Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and girls) I hail from the other side of "the pond" where classics are rare and expensive so as I'm only 23 cant afford my dream charger or mustang :p In the meantime I play about with my Toyota MR2 (let the flaming begin) but I am currently working on putting a 350 chevy engine into a 1986 Ford Capri (Known as the Mercury Capri in your neck of the woods)

I may have only just signed up but I have been reading this site for many months now and hope it continues to be the great source of information I have found it to be so far.

Take it is, drive safe and I'll speak soon

= Phoenix =

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Sorry about the belated welcome....guess your post got lost. You are taking a tough route with a SB Chevy..........A SB Ford would be a much easier fit............but, Hey, give you an "A" for effort.

·
Registered
585 Posts
welcome aboard, right decision chevy eng in a ford body, take a look at mine in my photo gallery on here. 66 327 chevy in a 54 ford club coupe.......... :cool: Seeya Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for the welcome guys. your right about the SB Ford being an easier fit but i always liked a bit of a challenge and the power output from a chevy plus the low cost of chevy parts and availability compared to Ford in the UK means that it seems more sensible in the long run

Anyway I'll have lots of questions with regards to fitting the block but for now im concentrating on the prep work as this will be a good 3 year project

= Phoenix =

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ha ha well it will all be worth it in the end

this is the first time I have attempted anything like this and will be a very steep learning curve (new to welding amongst other things) but it will be all fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts