Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
street rods forever
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Built a new box for my 38 Dodge truck using this design.The (cap) saves trying to weld a piece of pipe solid,just stitch welded in and out to prevent warping.Sure saved a lot of body work and was built to have(hinged) tonneau cover fit inside the inner edge.The whole box cost me around $400. including tubing for uprights and angle for frame.
The exact measurements arent there cause years vary in size.The pics and plans are in my gallery.........

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the bed; I have a 39 Plymouth I'll be getting started on soon and was thinking something similar. What guage steel did you use for the bed and what kind of metal shaping tools did you use for the bed side and top cap?

·
street rods forever
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The box n cap was fomed from 18guage,Was done on a 8foot hydraulic brake. I could have gone thinner guage and taken bead roller around edges for originality.But a lot of it doen't really show,up to individual how much n how far to go..as we all know ,"it never ends" ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.