Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
When you get a chance check the 34 coupe. Got my album started, and will post more by the week end. Got my radiator fixed today and reinstalled, resealed the waterpump. Will get the new "fish gages" tomorrow and get them installed. Will get the front end finished assembled this weekend with the grill and hood on. Then will start laying out the flames on the sides of the car. If it warms up some here in TN. I will lay down some orange and red paint.
Have a great day!!! Kyle- hot34coupe

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my first flamejob

Animal said:
Hard to believe that's your first flame job, but if you say so. Very nice work.
Animal
I will let you in on my secret, I really love the flame job on the California kid. Traditional flame job at it's best. I was at Andy's Hot Rod Picnic in Valleo,CA. and "The Kid" was at the same hotel we were staying at. I took a whole bunch of pictures of it. I said to myself I would really like to have flames like those on my hot rod someday. Long story short, I scanned the pics into my 'puter and blew them up to fit a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet, printed them out , then traced over them with tracing paper. Figured out the actual size I wanted them to be and took them to Staples and had the tracings blown up on their Blueprint machine and printed out. Wa-lah! Instant templates. So, if you see a flame job that you think you would like to use, take pics, blow them up and make templates.
Take Care, Kyle-hot 34coupe
forgot to add, I am teaching myself pinstriping so I can pin stripe the flames and the louvers when I am get the paint work all done....

·
Registered
93 Posts
hot 34 coupe

So you should either go into the business full time or write a book. Either way, you'de be successful.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
What version of the Jaguar axle do you use?
S-type? Standard Xj or narrowed XJ?

For the 6 past years I've been building a steel 34 Roadster with Jaguar rear myself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
staleg said:
What version of the Jaguar axle do you use?
S-type? Standard Xj or narrowed XJ?

For the 6 past years I've been building a steel 34 Roadster with Jaguar rear myself.
I used a early 80's XJS rear. It is a 3.30 posi from the factory.It has not been narrowed although if I ever decide I want to put fenders on the car I have a set of narrowed lower control arms and narrowed axles- (2") Since jag shocks are made for a heavy car, 4 were too stiff and 2 were not strong enough to use on a steel car so I went with Motorcycle shocks. I used 4 Harley Dynaglide chrome coilovers. They are fully adjustable and work great. They were new take-offs I bought on Ebay a couple years ago. XKE rears are the best for street rods 34 and under because they are they are narrow and fit early fendered cars better. But since mine is a highboy it doesn't really matter. I added a new tiebar my friend made for me in his machine shop. If I did this right it should show up at the bottom of this message.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Thanks.
That's the same version that I have.
Tried a narrow S-type first because "everbody" said I had to. But the S type axle is too narrow for the 34 frame. Would have had to use wide spacers and I don't like that. Puts a very wrong load on the outer wheel bearings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts