Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like photos of different air cleaner styles. I haven't decided what to use on my project yet. Maybe I make something in my garage. That's the most funny alternative.
Don't mind what style, car etc. Just show me what air cleaners you like!

·
Registered
63 Posts
re: cool air filters

Sorry, don't have a pic, but 2 baby moon hubcaps and a 6 cly chevy paper element works fine. A little cutting required, but defintely a one of a kind.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
This was my contribution to "whimsy" that I used on my roadster. The tool box is drilled out on the bottom side with a couple dozen holes and then the box is stuffed with furnace filter elements cut to fit. The Pepsi can has a nut inside which secures the filter in place. This is exactly how it looks driving down the road...and it does get its share of double takes.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
home brew said:
Have you done any other neat things since your last journal posting?
Not really. I consider the car done now...at least from my perspective. I've started on my next project and the roadster will probably get sold over the next 3-6 months. So I haven't thought much about "new" stuff to add to it.

BTW, the toolbox has a bit of nostalgia attached to it. It was my father-in-laws before he died and he never used it...so it didn't have a scratch on it. Oh, and the Pepsi can has some nostalgia as well...I drank the whole thing by myself one afternoon back in 2005.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts