Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 350 with lunati 06108 cam vortec heads and 650 cfm holley i have a set of summit flat top pistons SUM-17350-00 i was wondering if these will work well with my setup or not also what is better 2 valve reliefs or 4 and about what will my compression ratio be thanks

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
The pistons will work fine. However, before compression can be computed we have to know the amount of deck clearence (the space between the top of the piston and the top of the bore) plus the head gasket thickness as well as the bore diameter of the gasket.
If the block hasn`t been decked there`s no telling what the deck clearence is from end to end being 99% of sbc`s are tipped. To do a mock up assembly of this I install the number 1 and 2 pistons as well as the 7 and 8 pistons and check the clearences between them. The 1 and 2 maybe .025 and the 7 and 8 might be .030 you never know until you check.

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
schottout said:
i have a 350 with lunati 06108 cam vortec heads and 650 cfm holley i have a set of summit flat top pistons SUM-17350-00 i was wondering if these will work well with my setup or not also what is better 2 valve reliefs or 4 and about what will my compression ratio be thanks
#1 newbie mistake. Picking a cam out of thin air without knowing the static compression ratio of the motor beforehand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.