Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to upload images to recieve help pertaining to a mysterious part. I've tried to upload an image, but the manage attachments window says my files are too large. The file limit is only 300.0KB. How can I increase or bypass this? Please help.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Start a Photo Gallery for your pics and link them into your thread, photo file size is unlimited.

I use an old version of Photoshop to reduce file size but leave the physical dimensions intact.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re-sizeing photos

There are hundreds of ways and photo storage sites that will let you do this. Some are simple and some can be quite complicated. Here is a shortcut that works for me. In any later model Windows [XP 2000, Vista] you have a file called ''My Pictures'' you can save almost any picture that you find on the internet to this file by right clicking and then select the ''Save Picture As'' and then selecting ''My Pictures''. You can download all your dig cam pic's into this ''My Pictures'' file.......Now then say you have just taken a pic with your new Nikon and saved it to your files at the maximum resolution. This pic would be about 2.5 [or Larger] MB's [or about the size of a drive in screen]. Right click on the pic and click on ''Send to'', then select ''E-Mail Recipient''. A window will appear giving you the option to send picture as is or to make it smaller. Click on the smaller option and then e-mail the picture back to your self. It will come back as a 35 to 65 KB picture which would be about the size of a postage stamp compared to your drive in screen. The actual physical SIZE of the pic will be the same but the computer size will be so much smaller and more computer friendly. This is a very simple process once you get it down pat and you don't have to go into a third party web site.

Hope it works for you

Eddie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.