Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My 2 cents worth
2,843 Posts
STUDE55DOG said:
Does anyone have an easy way to put 90 degree ends on plug wires that is easy. Is there a lubricant, some magic or any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have used silicone spray in the past, but a little WD40 does much better when installing the boots. Just squirt a little bit in the boot, and push it on.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I use reg greese just a dab. they are tight i just bought some new 8mm wires man what a ***** getting them in i trimmed off the very end. they seem to have a little bit of taper. someday some guy will invent a heat shrink system for spark plugs.

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Liquid dish soap off the kitchen sink works real good. :thumbup: That is, if sliding the plug boot over the plug connector is what your talking about.
Belden wire used to recommend it on their cut to fit HP plug wires. :D

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Run the wire thru the boot first, then crimp on the terminal,then spray Armorall in the boot and on the wire and pull it back thru you can use a flat tip punch for leverage, K-Y Jelly works good too! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.