Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you plumb a poly fuel cell such as this one:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/base_list_display.asp?mscssid=XS3NQ96GKNLJ8H4TSS5TVF2E10PV8QM1

The description shows two AN-8 fittings mounted on the top of the cell so I assume you need to drop some sort of hose or pipe fitting down to the bottom of the tank to draw out fuel and that the other fitting would be for either a return line from the fuel pump or a vent. I can't find anything at the Speedway site regarding how to plumb this up - I just want to make sure I order all the parts I might need right from the get-go.

Dewey

·
Registered
71 Posts
fuel cell

often the pick up pipe is already inside the cell and runs the length and/or depth of it with holes in it to pick up fuel from everywhere(sometimes even has a filter)-you just screw your fittings into the top and connect your hoses. Often there are two outlets for two pumps and you can use one for a vent or sometimes the vent is incorporated into the top plate or the filler cap- if not and you need two fuel lines you can put a vent into the top plate.I can't tell either from the info they give so maybe phone them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.