Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey....i was just wondering if anyone knew how hard it would be and how much time it would take to re wire my 1972 plymouth satellite. wires keep shorting out in it and i just decided to buy a kit and re wire it myself. also what would be the best kit for the car?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh man................ mopars are a BI*^# to figure out !!!!!
I know my way around old cars, but my 66 plymouth drove me freaking crazy............ i should have just ripped every thing out..........got a universal wiring kit from Painless..... and did a trunk mount.
Dude, i had just put 500 into new exhaust....... 1100. in trans work......painted it metallic blue, etc. etc. etc.
When it burned up the dash wiring...i got pissed and traded it off
Dont make the mistake i did............get on Painless web site and find the right kit for your car...........The instructions are all there............ YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!

oldskool

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just be patient and take your time.I just had to redo a very molested harness wiring on a '70 Duster down here in Brazil.Among other things it had a VW alternator! And here we get almost no technical info.Grab elec diagrams and move everything out of your way.Like booster and master cyl,steering column and cluster etc.Then it becomes more clear and easier.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts