Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i went out to my car this morning, and i noticed my door wasnt fully closed ( you gotta love camaro door hinges) well any way, i alway slam it to make sure its shut. so i look inside and to my suprise my radio was still there, i look up my rear view is broken off, my glove compartment is emptied out, this guy only mad off with a dollar, and a tool to turn in rear brake calipers that i got from mac. it wasnt cheap, but hardly the most expensive tool i own. i was actually releived, i was going to do the brakes on my girlfriends car, but i forgot the electric impact i bought from snap-on (not so cheap) im glad i didnt have that in the back seat. well anyway... does anyone know of a way to electrify door handles or what?

·
72 Nova, 65 Rambler, 37 Chevy
341 Posts
schnitz said:
I don't know about electrifying door handles, but wheel bearing grease keeps pumpkins in the front lawn.....

In a while, Chet.
lmao we do that here, it was the funniest thing...one night we had some boogies messin around and one kid ran up to our front garden area where we had a few pumpkins sitting loaded with wheel bearing grease (this was smeared generously all across the back) he managed to run off with it with out noticing it, my mom ran out yellin at them and he threw it in the back of their car! (If I remember right, it was newer expedition!, most likely thier parents)

Anyways, bloodline, I remeber a flame thrower security kit lol Tryin to find it I came across this hahaha... if you serious lol here is the 50,000 volt "auto taser" for $250. Or that flamer thing - the "Blaster" for $650. hahaha

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
njbloodline666 said:
... does anyone know of a way to electrify door handles or what?
Doc here, :pimp:

Get yourself a set of Tasers..

hook a relay to power then a hidden defeat switch.., and the relay coil ground to the dome lamp switches..so that when the doors open the relay activates..

Next open your tasers, remove the activate button, and add wires to where the button was removed. One wire will go to the normally open contact of the relay, the other to the centerwiper..Do the same on the other taser..make all wires long enough to reach the relay..

Next remove your door panels, where the door handles attach or handle linkage, mount your taser probes so the arc will pass through the handle or linkage..you could even use duct tape if you wanted to..

This way , when the switch is on..and some one opens the door..ground is provided to the relay coil from the dome lamp system..fires the relay , closes the contacts in the relay, and turns on both tasers..Whom ever is holding EITHER handle..will need a change of drawers.. :pain:

UHHH..don't forget to disarm before you go to get in the car :pain: :pain:

Doc's Credo: being an ex Oaklander.."We don't get pissed..We get exponentially even.." :thumbup:

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
docvette said:

Get yourself a set of Tasers..

hook a relay to power then a hidden defeat switch.., and the relay coil ground to the dome lamp switches..so that when the doors open the relay activates..

Next open your tasers, remove the activate button, and add wires to where the button was removed. One wire will go to the normally open contact of the relay, the other to the centerwiper..Do the same on the other taser..make all wires long enough to reach the relay..

Next remove your door panels, where the door handles attach or handle linkage, mount your taser probes so the arc will pass through the handle or linkage..you could even use duct tape if you wanted to..

This way , when the switch is on..and some one opens the door..ground is provided to the relay coil from the dome lamp system..fires the relay , closes the contacts in the relay, and turns on both tasers..Whom ever is holding EITHER handle..will need a change of drawers.. :pain:

UHHH..don't forget to disarm before you go to get in the car :pain: :pain:

Doc's Credo: being an ex Oaklander.."We don't get pissed..We get exponentially even.." :thumbup:

amazing, you are the man. lol i will try it out. by tazers do you mean the ones that shoot a projectile like the police have, or the smaller ones that you use to jab someone in the neck with?

·
Registered
7,345 Posts

Any one that will toss an arc between 2 probes...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
njbloodline666 said:
lol no, thats not my style. i usually leave my keys in the ignition.

Ever find a note saying "Thanks, but no thanks...."????

LOL!

I know exactly how you feel, though. Short summary of a long story...Right before our little gathering in Columbus, I had my wallet lifted from my wife's car. Local brat kids with nothin' better to do. Funny part was that my wallet washed up by the power plant, minus the cash and my bank card, but I had had $50 in gas cards that were still there when they found the wallet. Kids got $10 in cash, plus the odd change in the car. Maybe $15 total.

In a while, Chet.

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
poncho62 said:
Ever thought of locking your car?
I have had my pick-up broken into more times than I care to count.
All while I was living in that "God's Chosen Place" called Salt Lake City.

What always frosted me was, they would break a window to get in.
This is a 79 Chev.
I can get into this truck thru the window, with a knife, faster than using a key.

Even had the Leer top stolen while it was in my driveway, yes, locked.
And I did NOT live in the "bad" part of town.

Bryan

·
72 Nova, 65 Rambler, 37 Chevy
341 Posts
Bryan59EC said:
IAll while I was living in that "God's Chosen Place" called Salt Lake City.
lmao same way I feel too, fortunately I was born on Hill air force base and now live close, protects me! Weather is nice here tho, and on sundays haha nothin is happenin, good time to go out water or snow skiing couse everyone is in church, but everythin else is closed lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts