Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to paint a car ('72 Duster) in plum crazy purple. It has the white vinyl top that comes all the way down the rear pillar, white seats (front is split bench with fold down center armrest), black interior door w/white door panels (see pics), and black dash and carpet. The original white vinyl roof is a bit dull so I'll have to dye it either way but was wondering on opinions for a roof color. So what would look better with white and black interior:.....PURPLE car with WHITE top.... OR...... PURPLE car with BLACK top? P.S.... Also planning on white Duster side stripes, black Duster dual scoop and black Duster go-wing. Dilemna's, dilemna's :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
With the white side stripes I'd go with a white top. But I think a better plan would be to do the side stripes in black to go with the hood and spoiler and then do a black top. White stands out especially with the purple.

Or if you really wanted to be different you could dye the top purple :D, endless possibilities with vinyl paint...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.