Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the results are in, and my almost 3 year old daughter was shafted with generic candy this Halloween, another indicator that the Bush presidency is devastating America.

Compassionate conservatism at it's best.

Yes, folks, that's right no compassion for the candyless, and lots of conserving of the good candy bars, while they hand out sweet tarts and other crap. Damn conservatives! Why I oughtttaaa!

Vote for Willy Wonka on Nov 2!

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
ROTFL...I was kind of miffed there were no Jersey Milks in the kids bags this year. The neighbors were holding out on me...lol. The boys got tons of candy but it was the same stuff we were handing out. I was hoping for something different to blend with the holdback pile. But at least we didn't get more than one pack of those Sweet Tarts. Ugh! Didn't get no Wagon Wheels either...humph!

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
When we lived out in the country we used to drive in my oldest son to trick or treat in the city, during the few years we did this I found out through experimentation that you never trick or treat in wealthy (read that upper middle class or higher) areas, the best candy and the largest quantity is to had in the lower class side by sides.

What does that tell you?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
4 Jaw Chuck said:
When we lived out in the country we used to drive in my oldest son to trick or treat in the city, during the few years we did this I found out through experimentation that you never trick or treat in wealthy (read that upper middle class or higher) areas, the best candy and the largest quantity is to had in the lower class side by sides.

What does that tell you?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Thats because the working stiffs were being taxed to death
so the stay homes could collect food stamps to buy the good stuff!

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The poor people are always the ones who will give you their best. I remember when I was a Boy Scout. I had to sell first aid kits for a fund raiser.

I worked the wealthy side of town and no one would buy them.

A friend of mine took me to the poor side of town, and I sold out in no time. God bless the poor people. They ARE the salt of the earth.

Brian

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Nightfire said:
Poor people are happier than rich people. They have TRUE hapiness, not bought happiness.

Mike

you can't be any more honest than that

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I stayed home and watched Van Helsing. The neighbors rugrats came by and I filled 'em up on the little mini candy bars and tootsie roll pops. The ones that I knew got the last of my homemeade fudge.

Larry

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Who's knocking bought happiness?

We usually give out the full size candy bars at my house. This year we had different kinds of smaller candy bars and we told everyone to take four.

How about the people that turn their front lights off even though they are home.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
How about the people that turn their front lights off even though they are home.
Those are the ones that get bags of flaming dog poop on the porch and toilet paper in the trees.:D

Larry

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:

We usually give out the full size candy bars at my house. This year we had different kinds of smaller candy bars and we told everyone to take four.

WHAT? Full size candy bars??????? There's actually generous people out there:eek: the max I got this year from one person was 3 mini-bars, I went trick or treating for close to 3 hours and I got is the stash in my gallery....:nono: maybe I'm gettin to old:confused:

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
I gave out the mini candy bars .
Each one got a handfull .I ran out of trick or treaters before i
ran out of candy .So i got some too.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Dont feel bad, my mother was giving out fortune cookies again this year.

Yeah, I kinda made my little one skip that house.

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
87442lover said:
Dont feel bad, my mother was giving out fortune cookies again this year.

Yeah, I kinda made my little one skip that house.
You made your kid miss "grammas' house.?...............................NICE!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Nightfire said:
WHAT? Full size candy bars??????? There's actually generous people out there:eek: the max I got this year from one person was 3 mini-bars, I went trick or treating for close to 3 hours and I got is the stash in my gallery....:nono: maybe I'm gettin to old:confused:
16 and still trick or treating? When I lived in the city I used to get one or two of you big goobers every year. I would yell at my wife to bring the Budweiser and Marlboros.

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Even though we live in suburbia, we didn't get many trick or treaters. By the end of the night my wife was giving huge handfuls to each kid. We sure don't need that junk around here to nibble on...

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
NAIRB said:
Well, the results are in, and my almost 3 year old daughter was shafted with generic candy this Halloween, another indicator that the Bush presidency is devastating America.

Compassionate conservatism at it's best.

Yes, folks, that's right no compassion for the candyless, and lots of conserving of the good candy bars, while they hand out sweet tarts and other crap. Damn conservatives! Why I oughtttaaa!

Vote for Willy Wonka on Nov 2!

ha ha, first good chuckle I've had today, thanks dude-

K

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
We make up bags of candy for the grand kids!!

I'll keep my money...you go buy your own kids candy!! We never get trick or treaters here in the country..to much space between houses so I save the good candy for myself...moooyaaa..ha...ha!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Boy, some of what has been said really flames me.

My kid went out, she got hardly anything. (Poor neighborhood) We're a bit more well off than the neighbors, and I was giving out a handful to everyone that came to the door. Milkyways, Snickers, $1000Bar, Milk Duds, Clark Bars, 3 Muskateers and tootsirolls. Went thru 4 bags of candy on about 25 kids. I even gave the parents that came to the door "Marching Snacks". What did it cost me, $20.00? To see the kids all done up and laughing was worth every penny.

ONE KID CAME AS JOHN KERRY! SWEAR TO GOD !! ROFLMAO!!! He said he wasn't getting much candy. Poor kid! I gave him a ton, and told him it was the scariest costume I saw all night !! His Mom gave me a dirty look! :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts