Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another reason for me to hate the Yankees. It seems with some players making more money than some entire teams payroll, they have to resort to scum sucking measures of desperation. I lifted this from the newspaper:
[NEW YORK -- The New York Yankees asked the commissioner's office to award them a forfeit over the Tampa Bay Devil Rays after they failed to arrive in time Monday because of travel problems due to Hurricane Frances. It was a request that had no chance of being granted.]
How sorry is George Steinbrenner? With this kind of karma, he can't help but lose. Pretty pitiful. :mad: Dan

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hey Ghetto, what's the name of the minor league training team for the Phillies? I went to high school with Skip Benzing ( he was a couple years back, but his folks were family friends in a small town). He was a pitcher a few years ago, and I haven't heard anything more about him. Have you heard of/about him? Just curious.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The request to forfeit is something that is done all the time. It's not some Yankee favoritism. Tampa Bay was told to be in NY by Sunday, the GM disregarded the Comissioner's request, and they missed the game. It should have been a forfeit but the wus comissioner that we have now won't do anything about it so the game was rescheduled.

ps, I grew up in NYC so I can understand how you're all jellous of the best team in professional sports.:pimp:

and who has the second highest payrol in baseball? Boston? 1918:evil:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm not that big into any sport that doesn't have 4 wheels and at least 400 hp myself so it's no big deal. I could call his folks and ask where he is, but it's been 8+ years since I talked to them. They probably would barely remember me. Thanks anyhow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Born and raised in Beantown, nothing makes me happier than a lil' Yankmee bashing! Yeah, they are the winningest team in baseball (all sports), yeah the Sox haven't won since 1918 and yeah the rivalry is silly-BUT- at the end of the day, I hate em', hate em', hate em!!!! The only thing I hate worse than the Yankmees is their ****y fans- especially the ones that have never even been to New York. You know, the ones that started rooting for them in 96'. True , lifelong, New York bred Yankmees fans know what I'm saying- as do the Lifers of Red Sox Nation. That said, I can't wait to see what happens in the playoffs- win or lose, I love the game!
By the way, teams do ask for and sometimes recieve forfeits, but Tampa missed game one of a double header due to the second freaking hurricane in 2 weeks!!!! Steinbrenner is a dick for even thinking that request was acceptable.

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
here here, i'm with you green monster! i think this year october is going to be interesting.

RED SOX NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
lol, I understand fully about the NY fans who joined in '96, never been to NY, never been to a game, and don't know anything about the history prior to Torre.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Our area team would be Cinncinnati.I grew up watching Bench & Rose.Now I was actually happy for Jr. this year since he was not sidelining himself after the 3rd game and he pulls abnother hammy before Allstars.Time to retire bud.Man,they got a sweet stadium now............Rounding Third And Heading For Home!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts