Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Would'nt ya know it. Just my luck. Spent 15 mins driving around in the parking lot trying to park so I could go to work and right as I'm turning to go up the third level POP! There goes one expensive Pirelli Scorpion. Some * from the construction crew left some crap out in the open, ran right over a screw with out seeing it. Lucky though, even with no pressure in the tire it was'nt completely flat. Had someone bring me a can of fix-a-flat and made it across the street where I put some air into it. By the time I got home it was flat again. Oh well.....

How was ya'lls day?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I spent the day tormenting a new kid. I had him searching for a water pump for over an hour, for a '72 VW Beetle.

Don't you just love the mechanically inclined people that get hired to work in parts stores?

Larry

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i spent the day at a swap meet in conn. picked up a rebuilt TH350 with shift kit for $300 bucks, yea no more power slide:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
I spent the day tormenting a new kid. I had him searching for a water pump for over an hour, for a '72 VW Beetle.

What???????An Auto Zone employee who doesn't go to the computer when you need a part???????I can not go get valvestem caps without our Zones asking what year and engine is in the car that needs the caps.

Just messin' with ya man.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
lol castle...

I think the joke is more about the fact that those were air-cooled motors and don't have water pumps! maybe you knew that anyway-

K

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Well of course,that is the whole joke killer.If he had gone to the Majik Computer,he would see that.Dang puters do not allow ny humor to flow like it should!!!!!!

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
water cooled VW.....

I stopped and looked at a VW that did have a water pump..a Jetta!! I thought they were all air cooled but they are not.

Tazz

RAt Rods Rule!

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
87 when you get a new tire put on, tell the shop thats doing the work that you filled it with fix a flat. It use to drive me nuts when I would take off a tire I didn't had that in it.

Yesterday I worked for 8 hours and then went target shooting at an indoor range with my uncle, dad, and brother.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
RCastle said:
Well of course,that is the whole joke killer.If he had gone to the Majik Computer,he would see that.Dang puters do not allow ny humor to flow like it should!!!!!!

:: gets on to short-bus :: "Jokes make my brain hurt"

K

·
Banned
431 Posts
87442lover said:
Would'nt ya know it. Just my luck. Spent 15 mins driving around in the parking lot trying to park so I could go to work and right as I'm turning to go up the third level POP! There goes one expensive Pirelli Scorpion. Some * from the construction crew left some crap out in the open, ran right over a screw with out seeing it. Lucky though, even with no pressure in the tire it was'nt completely flat. Had someone bring me a can of fix-a-flat and made it across the street where I put some air into it. By the time I got home it was flat again. Oh well.....

How was ya'lls day?
a screw eh?
a couple of months ago i ran over this bolt. i kept it as a conversation piece.
i also have a crescent wrench in my tool box (that still works) that i pulled out of a guys tire back when i was a mechanic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts