Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a question for you what is a pork chop???
i am helping out some friends from another board so i dont have all the info. its a part on the car. i am guessing its a body part with a nick name. tech said the pork chop is missing or ripped off from the collision. :confused: :confused:

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
Never heard of it, but it may be what is also commonly called the "Dog Leg". This is the area right at the front of the quarter panel on a four door car. As it comes down from the top over the wheel well to the rocker it looks sort of like a rear leg of a dog, or possibly a pork chop shape?

Brian

·
street rods forever
324 Posts
Well hope this helps but pork chop is a term used for Chrysler products on the torsion bar set up.It hooks to lower control arm to a crossmember on frame to set ride height.Other vehicles use them too,hope this helps.
Could also be end part of door rubber that widens out with screws to hold it place.Some times refered to as monkey face.

·
Paintshop Dog
404 Posts
I think it is the piece that holds on the Keynoter valve, isn't it? :thumbup:
You've gotta have a left-handed wrench to get one of those off too! And you may need a door-stretcher to get to it, on some models. I'm pretty sure I'm right! The parts guy that told me is the same one that finally found some upper and lower radiator hoses for my '66 VW Bug. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.