Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking into putting port injection on a Chevy 250 inline 6 with a standalone ecu, I found n intake manifold for it, and I wanna take account for everything needed before I commit. So I know I have to upgrade the fuel system, weld an 02 sensor into the exhaust, and the ignition system is the part that I'm really unsure about. With the ECU being able to manage ignition, I figure I'd want to use that, so do I need to do some sort of distributor delete? What would it take to get the standalone ECU to run the ignition system? And am I missing anything else that I need to take care of for a port injection conversion?

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Megasquirt and Gm parts to run your 3 injectors. Your not going to need a huge throttle body with the 250 head. I think your building a log style intake with port injection and a throttle body at the front no matter how you do this.

Unless you go with something like three 30-36mm motorcycle/atv throttle bodies. :love:

I don't think you will need to do much to the cam driven distributor if you use crank triggers to control the fuel injection and adjust the tables to match the rpm requirements.

Unsure how that would work with three throttle bodies which is why I am telling you to go onto megasquirt forums and will probally find someone who has already ran "this" setup having jumped over the headaches and hurdles already.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Megasquirt and Gm parts to run your 3 injectors. Your not going to need a huge throttle body with the 250 head. I think your building a log style intake with port injection and a throttle body at the front no matter how you do this.

Unless you go with something like three 30-36mm motorcycle/atv throttle bodies. :love:

I don't think you will need to do much to the cam driven distributor if you use crank triggers to control the fuel injection and adjust the tables to match the rpm requirements.

Unsure how that would work with three throttle bodies which is why I am telling you to go onto megasquirt forums and will probally find someone who has already ran "this" setup having jumped over the headaches and hurdles already.
Thanks for the info and suggestions, I'll definitely go post on a megasquirt forum, that's a great idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts