Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
The OP posed the question in what I thought was an odd manner. It was just that I didn’t want to start a fishing expedition right then to see if there was a way to shine some light on what he was really trying to get at. When you looked at the long list of people who looked at his submittal but didn’t respond apparently I wasn’t alone in the vat of confusion.

I’m in the same place with the OP asking about 5.95 inch rods in a Gen I SBC. It’s like if your not pretty knowledgeable engine builder with a very specific problem to solve, then why would you start be purchasing something that is outside the common literature written about 383 builds. It’s like coming in with some kind of a dream engine you want without having done any study of what’s being done. Here in the closing days when knowledege is everywhere as prophesied it would be, I’m incredulous at the people that buy parts first then ask questions! This can be an expensive way to run your project.

Bogie

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The OP posed the question in what I thought was an odd manner. It was just that I didn’t want to start a fishing expedition right then to see if there was a way to shine some light on what he was really trying to get at. When you looked at the long list of people who looked at his submittal but didn’t respond apparently I wasn’t alone in the vat of confusion.

I’m in the same place with the OP asking about 5.95 inch rods in a Gen I SBC. It’s like if your not pretty knowledgeable engine builder with a very specific problem to solve, then why would you start be purchasing something that is outside the common literature written about 383 builds. It’s like coming in with some kind of a dream engine you want without having done any study of what’s being done. Here in the closing days when knowledege is everywhere as prophesied it would be, I’m incredulous at the people that buy parts first then ask questions! This can be an expensive way to run your project.

Bogie
I'm not disagreeing with that. My fault for just typing away, basically trying to ask several questions in one post. I usually proofread several times before posting. I'll ask a more direct single question, and any additional, even if related, in another post. Cheers! 🍻

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Standing shoulder to shoulder makes more efficient communication. One discovers when communicating by putting finger to keypad to someone not there with you is a lot more complicated.

Bogie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts