Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long time ago I made two posts about a 65 Plymouth and now I discover it is on the google search engine without my knowledge or consent.

1. How did this happen?

2. Is there any way to remove the listings on google?

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
It always has....that's what Google does. It picks up the most popular results, and this is a popular place.

You should be proud........

·
Registered
118 Posts
without my knowledge or consent.
You are aware this is a public forum and that you are posting things that anyone in the world can copy, link, quote or otherwise use in any way they see fit with no consequences right?

I mean, it's not as if you have a copyright on something you post on the internet.....

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
Oh my gosh...........................I guess that I shouldn't have said some of those things..........................

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
Our board has been specially modified to allow our discussions to be picked up by google. This sometimes happens within hours.

This is part of the reason why we get a good, tech-savvy audience around here. People find us by googling for a tech term.

I remember a while back someone said something negative about a certain hotrodding company on the board. A few days later, our negative discussion about this company was #1 in google for searches for that company name. We were even coming up ahead of that company's official website. The owner of the company was very dismayed, and wanted us to remove the thread. Of course, we refused.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Jon said:
This is part of the reason why we get a good, tech-savvy audience around here. People find us by googling for a tech term.
That's how I found this place, I was reasearching about a certain cam.

Jon said:
I remember a while back someone said something negative about a certain hotrodding company on the board. A few days later, our negative discussion about this company was #1 in google for searches for that company name. We were even coming up ahead of that company's official website. The owner of the company was very dismayed, and wanted us to remove the thread. Of course, we refused.
Alright Jon, stick it to them. What company was it that complained? Just spell the company name wrong so it doesn't show up on a google search.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Jon said:
Fat guy, wheels guy, "Chubby" guy too.
And to think, until I read this, I wasn't sure Jon had a sense of humor! Keep sticking it to 'em. That seems to be the only way to improve quality these days.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
I found it on google too. I was doing research on the build for which I hadn't even bought a block yet about a year ago. Through the course of advice and learning, I have that combo I was researching between the fenders of my bird.

Thanks HR.com! (actually a true story, but I wanted you all to pick up the cheesy "I called Sam" tone in the reply lol)

K:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
I found the site by a blurb in Rod and Custom magazine 'Rodding on the Web' department they run in each issue. I have noticed that any time I do a Yahoo! rod oriented search, threads on this site are always at or near the top of the first page.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts