Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was requested by 123pugsy. Thanks brother!

Anyhow he requested that I post a few photos of some of the pot metal items I've repaired, modified etc. So here goes...
These belong to a 1930's Packard. Not exactly sure of their use.
As you can see there were 5 pieces which 3 of them were in bad shape. unfortunately I don't have a photo of the one with the fabricated corner, but the other two most of the the ribs were broken out, bent or just needed pits filled in. Needless to say they were fairly delicate to work with.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a couple more... These belong to a 56 Lincoln and are unobtainable in any condition. So they had to be repaired. Although still rough, My job was to put the eaten edges tabs back on. The plater will be handling the rest.

I have photos of a 48 chevy chop convt. that I did the quarter glass and vent window frames. I'll post those shortly k.

Attachments

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,469 Posts
Nice stuff. I've heated a piece of pot metal before only to see it evaporate in front of my eyes.
What, metallic glue to do this? Kryptonite?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice stuff. I've heated a piece of pot metal before only to see it evaporate in front of my eyes.
What, metallic glue to do this? Kryptonite?
Glue?? ...No my friend. No glue, but Kryptonite?? Close... ;)
Actually, create I have my own blend of alloy percentages that a company pours 10lbs ingots for me. Then I make my own rod. I have a photo or two of rods I make. Let me see of I can find those...
....Incase others were wondering - there's no soldering going on here either. My work is strictly welding.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,469 Posts
Do you fill all the pits or does the plater do that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
These are still a work in progress. But Platers these days wont fill anything bigger than a pishole. They only want to do the easy stuff nowadays..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts